Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Life!

First Blog, not sure where to start, but it seems like so much is going on in my life, so that may be appropriate.


If I were able to go back in time to about 9 years ago, you would see a naive young women, not knowing or expecting to be a mom before the year was over. You would see a young mom whose life was about to be changed forever, for the better. June 17, 2002...was a day that will never be forgotten, it is the day I was told that my precious little 'sweet pea' could possibly have a mild case of Cerebral Palsy. I had NEVER heard of it, had no idea what it was, what it did, what caused it, could it be cured, what were treatments for it, nothing.

After many tests, blood work, EEG's, CAT scans, MRI's, the diagnosis of CP came!! I felt devastated, like all the air had been sucked out of me, like my world stopped. I had no idea that her coward of a 'father' would turn his back on our daughter shortly afterwards either. She has had to have a big surgery that left her in a spica cast for two months.

I have to give thanks to God daily for my mom, sisters, and brother and other family members, because of them I still have my sanity and my daughter and I are living life BLESSED. There have been times when it seemed like there was no way of getting through, getting by, but we have made it and continue to do so.

Back to the diagnosis; I cried many tears, but I couldn't stay in that place, it wouldn't have been good for her. I had to buckle down, I started studying and reading whatever I could set my eyes on pertaining to Cerebral Palsy.

Eight years and 1 month later, my daughter is in 2 grade with me by her side daily as her parapro, that wasn't an easy journey either, but we pressed our way through that too ( more on that later).
Now, this present moment, it seems as if my 'sweet pea' will have to have another surgery because of her dislocated hip, an effect of Cerebral Palsy. For the past few weeks, her hip has been popping and lately she has been having muscle spasms causing her to kick her legs and interrupting her sleep at night. We've been here before, this time the surgery will more than likely consist of 'bone work' (if ever needed), through my research and study, she will be in a cast for a longer period of time. We will press our way through this too. God is in control of it all!

More to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment