Monday, June 16, 2014

Kerstin: Unplugged

     So, something new on our g-tube journey!  Over the weekend, I woke up to a big shock.  Lately, I've been trying to wake up with bolus syringe and water in hand to be at her side before the pump beeps at 5:30 a.m.  Well, Saturday morning I pull her covers back and Pediasure is everywhere!!!! The medicine port on her extension set is open.  I have no idea how much she had eaten over night.  I am frantic!  I went ahead with her water flush and disconnected the extension that was covered in super sticky Pediasure.

     Apparently, Kerstin managed to open the port on her MIC-Key set.  The only thing I can think of is the fact that she has been moving around in her sleep a lot lately.  I am very thankful for that!  Also apparent, I need to make sure that there is a pillow over the line that come from the bag to the extension. 

     I told my sisters that I knew that the med port was closed because I always hold it down when I'm connect her pump line.  I am so happy that it was the entire button she managed to pull open or out.  I think it's safe to say, we've had an interesting weekend...we are on a journey.  I'm growing with Kerstin!


This show the extension set.  Med port is what she opened!!

MIC-Key or g-tube



     

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment