Sunday, June 16, 2013

The weight is...


UP!! Thankfully!!  My little angel was weighed again at her follow up g-tube appointment on June 3, 2013.  At that appointment she was up 9 lbs from March 30.

June 3:  We were at Children's of Alabama once again, meaning we've made the 123 mile one way trip for the 9th time since February 12.  This is the day mom gets more hands on training on her tube, the port, checking the water in the balloon, how to change it, what to do if it happens to come out...
I was a bit nervous about seeing her belly without the port, I'm not going to lie, it was a bit uncomfortable seeing her lying there with this little hole in her stomach.  ( No pictures, I couldn't this go round )  Now, every two weeks, I need to check the balloon to make sure it has 5 mL water in it. If it doesn't I need to add water to it.

Though, I'm very thankful for the weight gain, we've still been having issues with feedings and at times, her keeping so much of the formula in/down.  We are striving  and will press through those, along with the sleep deprivation I'm having because of my little one being awake most nights at 3 a.m. Just one more thing we will have to press through.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment