Thursday, February 5, 2015

Brag? Maybe

     I can proudly say that I am not one to brag...or at least I try my best not to brag.  When it comes to Kerstin and a milestone or achievement she has made, or something she's involved in, that all goes out the window!   It is with so much happiness that I can honestly and very proudly say that this post is nothing less than a brag post.  *insert a happy smile*

     So, I'm sitting with Kerstin, giving her a bolus and like always, I casually talk with her about what's on TV or the day we've had.  I notice that her little hands are growing, as is the rest of my little lady.  So, I take her hand and kiss it, telling that it's so soft and that is why my little one year old niece always kisses her hand.  I continued holding it as were bonding and I'm feeding her.  Suddenly there is a strong grip on my hand!! I looked at Kerstin and she's looking directly into my  eyes with a big smile on her face.  I said to her, "You're squeezing my hand!"   Without any hesitation, she squeezes it again!  Four times in a row and at my command of "Can you squeeze my hand again?"  She did so!!

My sweet girl is strong and a very determined little girl.  No matter how tired I may become, which happens every single day, no matter how often I feel like I want to give it all it...those times have hit me.  I know that if all that Kerstin has been through in her 13 years of life, I can and should be able to continue on!    And continue on is what I will do! 

She squeezed her momma's hand... 



     




No comments:

Post a Comment