Tuesday, December 17, 2013

We met!!

     It is hard to believe that December 17th has rolled around once again.  This day 12 years ago, someone entered my life and changed it forever!

     Rewind to the moment my doctor told me that I was pregnant.  I remember being in a state of wonder.  Me?  Someone's mom?  Can I do this? That soon changed to, "what is this little person going to look like?"  What kind of personality will the little one have?   Seeing the sonogram..."It's a girl!!!" I knew that I had to be the best mom possible to this little girl growing inside of me.

Definitely a girl named Kerstin, making her way to change my world!
     Now knowing that "the little person" was a girl, I grew anxious to meet her and see her face.  I wanted to let her know just how much mommy loves her.  So a few months after the sonogram, I got to meet, Kerstin!
     December 17, 2001 was a cold and rainy day in Alabama.  3:38 p.m. Kerstin entered my world!





 We met!!! I completely fell in love with this little girl!  She changed my life in ways that I never imagined.
We and I never knew that I would be on an unexpected journey.
We met and I have come out of a shell of shyness. 
When I met Kerstin, my beautiful child, I never knew I needed her to turn my life around for the better.  I never knew I needed her to be the reason I look at the things so many people look past, or never give a second thought. 
We met and Kerstin has bought so much love to my heart and to most of the people around us.
I never knew I needed someone so loving in my life.  Kerstin is my angel, my strength and my life!
We met and my life will never be the same!!

Happy Birthday to my love!!


Just a glimpse into our life over the past 12 years. It seems as if Kerstin's birthday is synonymous with Christmas, since they are a week apart, so most of her birthday pictures are Christmas pictures. 








When I first heard the lyrics to this song are so befitting to me and out lives.  When I first heard them, I was in love with it and it just so happens to be one of Kerstins's favorite songs as well!

"For the way you changed my plans
For being the perfect distraction
For the way you took the idea that I have
Of everything that I wanted to have
And made me see there was something missing, oh yeah..."

Here's the video....enjoy!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LOVE!!!

More to come...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment